Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My Interview with IBLOGFASHION


I was recently interviewed by Miss AnnMarie of IBLOGFASHION
A style writer who has worked with the likes of Dazed and Confused, Elle, Trace, The Dubliner, The Irish Independent, Prudence and iVenus.com. AnnMarie has been interviewing designers, chasing trends and lying about her spiralling shoe habit for many years. Her mantra?? - "burn the tracksuit honey and learn to walk in a pair of damn heels. Life's too short not to look tall and fabulous" Ok, so what's NOT to love about AnnMarie??

Here is the interview & my answers for AnnMarie!


1. What's your definition of style?
Well, if I was writing my own dictionary....my personal definition of style would have to somehow incorporate the two words: Audrey Hepburn. There's something about her energy & her sweet spirit which I adore, admire and constantly aspire to understand. But it is also about confidence. Confidence is the single most sexy thing a person can wear. In my opinion...Sophia Loren is the quintessential look of C O N F I D E N C E
Look at that Strength!!


2. Who would you kill to (un)dress?
Hmmmm... is this a trick question?? ;) Stylistically speaking I would love to take the very frocks from Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face!! From the fabulous skinny pants & ballerina flats in the club dance scene to the amazing strapless Givenchy gown she wore on the runway. She was just impeccable...in every imaginable way.

Realtime undressings would have to be Leigh Lezark (shown here with Agyness Deyn)She has such new wave attitude mixed with Classic grace.

& I just adore Selma Blair. Everything she does is pure brilliance & daring, carefree fun.


3. What fashion faux pas is the most unforgiving? Be ruthless.
Oooo for me, MY fashion faux pas has always been white dress shoes. I am fearful of them. I think this goes back to a girl in my elementary school who wore hideous scuffed white dress shoes in the winter with dark stockings. I always wondered why?? Didn't someone tell her that's a no no? As I've grown older I've realized that daring can be fabulous...but I STILL cannot make myself buy a pair of white dress shoes (no matter how fabulous or expensive) uhuh. Noway. Can't do it. Maybe I'll work on that fear this year...


4. What is your fashion weakness?
VINTAGE. I cannot stop with the vintage sickness. I have trunks full of vintage jackets and dresses and pieces which need to be tailored in order to fit me properly. Ooooo if only I would actually get it all done!! I'm desperately trying to stop the madness and only buy pieces which actually fit...but sometimes the temptation (and the FABRIC!!) is just too delightful to pass on.. ;)


AND Moschino. I can't get enough Moschino. It's getting bad...but the sense of style & whimsy is 2nd to none in my opinion.


5. How many models does it take to change a lightbulb?
OOooo these days I think maybe just one! :) Models seem to be more & more intelligent & more & more sophisticated. A trend I am happy to see. I am also quite happy with the bit more full figured models which keep popping up on the scene. Real women with real bodies and real thoughts...hmmmmmm
What a concept!!


Thank you Annmarie for your fabulous Blogs!! I am so honored to be a part of your fashion expertise.




Parachute Girl