Friday, February 8, 2008

Grammy Kiss



Just 2 more days until the 2008 Grammy's. The 50th Grammy Awards ceremony (to be exact) & I'm seriously looking forward to some much needed red carpet attention. The Golden Globes were such a serious disappointment. Let's just hope the Grammy's don't let us down. I must say the with scheduled performances from Amy Winehouse, Kanye West & Tina Turner...it should be a fabulous night.

Since I definitely plan to write my own little Amore Crush Daily review of the festivites after Sunday night's winners have been announced, I thought today would be the perfect time to share some of my favorite moments from last year's 49th Grammy's. I did indeed think it was a rather wonderful showing ..so travel with me now... down musical memory lane...

Timeless Style Moment? P R I N C E He is the quintessential entertainer & he does it all in the most amazing high heels... Impeccable style.



My favorite performance of that night? Miss Mary J Blige.
P O W E R F U L


And although I've never counted myself as a Shakira fan....I've got to admit she proved to
me with her 2007 Grammy showing that hips really don't lie.
Who could have possibly taken their eyes off of her during that performance?


Miss Furtado was on fire!! And who could forget that smile?
Y'know I truly believe a girl can turn dimestore duds into Haute Couture
with a million dollar S M I L E:)

and I was feeling Fergie! She was exceptionally lovely in this mod mini.
I thought the look was perfection.
A grand mixture of cute flirty fun with serious chic color & fit.
L O V E D

Christina was on target that night as well...
(& quite frankly she normally would fall into my "Huh?" category)
but the pipe princess was F A B U!! I think the 1940's starlet style was made for her & her curvyness. She was truly at her best.

& MOST memorable moment of the night??
Well, it just had to be the Dixie's. Clean Sweep!!
And, in my opinion, so richly deserved & long awaited.
Ooooo & on a very personal note: I'm very excited about Sunday!! I will be cheering for one of my favorite people on the planet. Mr Dave Darling... nominated in the "best classical crossover record" -for Brian Setzer's WOLFGANGS BIG NIGHT OUT


Happy Grammy & the crush goes on...

xo

Parachute Girl